Attorneys Ted Walkenhorst and David Machek focus their practice exclusively in the areas of Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) law. They are compassionate, hands-on lawyers who are ready to help if a physical or mental impairment has forced you or someone you know to stop working.
The Disability Benefits Law Center, P.C., serves the five-county Philadelphia Metro area from offices in Jenkintown and Center City Philadelphia. We also welcome clients from anywhere in southeastern Pennsylvania or neighboring counties of New Jersey.
We Don't Aim to Be the Biggest. We Aim to Be the Best.
We operate differently from the regional and national disability firms. Rather than seek a high volume of cases, we handle a select number of cases and strive to do justice for each of those clients. We understand what is at stake for claimants and their families.
Why do people turn to the Disability Benefits Law Center to handle their disability claims?
- We are experienced. Ted has practiced law since 1973 and Dave since 1995. Our attorneys have nearly 65 years of combined legal experience.
- We win cases. Ted and Dave have won disability benefits for more than 90 percent of the clients they have represented. We take tough cases because we believe in our clients. We'll be with you until your benefits are awarded or all appeals are exhausted.
- We care about our clients. Ted and Dave give every case personal attention. No "associate," paralegal or non-lawyer advocate will represent you. You will have one of the two partners in this law firm as your attorney throughout your case. Our goal is excellence and quality for every client.
- We keep up-to-date with the latest changes in the law through our membership in the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR), our membership in the Social Security Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association, and our federal court appeals work.
- We work with a staff that is as dedicated to our clients as we are.
- We help with the initial application. Many firms only want to hear from you after your claim is denied. Our attorneys provide free, no-obligation help to people who want assistance with the SSD application. We can even review your application before you submit it. If your claim is denied our familiarity with your case will give you an edge in the hearings and appeals process.
How Our Attorneys Are Paid
Our attorneys are only paid if SSD or SSI benefits are awarded. The fees are regulated by the Social Security Administration (SSA) in all cases. Fees are normally limited to 25 percent of retroactive benefits or $6,000, whichever is less.
Legal advice regarding SSD should always be free. Ours is. Contact us today to arrange your free consultation and learn how we can help. We are happy to sit down with you, but no office visit is required to get your file started.